Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Nieces

Cute I know thats what comes to mind when you see these two images of at top left Raymanda and then Leana, My beatiful nieces just finished I guess what can be called a photo shoot I would call it an experiment for me atleast to see how I can use light and shadows to had some amount of character to the subject.
Plus I added a little gelling to give that warm orange tone to the images mostly directed at the background and if I may say there not too bad let me give you a quick idea of the set up I'm using three Flahes here two SB800s one which I borrowed from My supervisor Rudolph and a old SB 26 which I virtually rescued from the Rubbish Bin.
Lets get back to the setup the SB 800S are in the Nikon CLS mode "Creative Lighting System"are what you would call the Slave mode which is simply put, one Flash unit firing the other at the same time,You might ask why the need for this ,reason more creative control.You see most persons especially in Jamaica have been used to what I call a XEROXING effect where a Photographer just blast his subject with a Flash from the Camera Lens axis are if they care any do a little bouncing from a Roof are a nearby Wall.
Back to the meaty stuff one flash is being fired into a Umbrella from subjects left which is the main light and the other at subject right bounced off the Roof with the Orange Gell,the great thing about Digital is that there is not much need for a sometimes very expensive Light meters just bracket the exposures ie;try different aperature and shutter settings if your wondering what about the SB26 it's on the camera triggering the two SB800S the SB26 at about1/32 power so as to not to add more light to the final images and last but not least shoot in the manual mode stop letting the Camera do everything for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment