Saturday, March 14, 2009

From East to West




You know it's so amazing how beautiful this Country of Mine is really,just look at these two pic's the sunset is of Negril in the western most part of the Island and the waterfall is the Somerset Fall in Portland leading towards the Eastern end.
I took these pics I think a year apart are maybe more I'm sure that the Sunset was taken on August 1st 2005 {the day after I got Married}and I don't quite remember the date for this image of the Waterfalls,yeah your right I'm just damn lazy why didn't you just check the Camera info moron,I could have done that but anyway what the eck lets move on to the importance of these two images fot Me that is.
You could not find two more opposites than these two not only the fact that there located at opposite ends of the Island but also in the ligting conditions as you can see that for the Falls it's somewhat overcast hey it's Portland and the breathtaking Sunset at Negril Point showing off the Sun's beautiful radiance.
Now lets get technical for scenes like these your Camera settings and approach also have to be totally different for each shot for the Sunset to maintain the Deep almost Reddish Yellow it takes a low ISO setting for optimal quality Iusually shoot on Aperature priority which in a situation like this will give me a fast shutter speed I owuld go for a aperature setting maybe anywhere between f11 and f22 make sure to meter directly from the Sun using spot are Centerweightd metering and you should have a Beautiful image from your adventures and for all you point and shooters put the camera on the Landscape settings and hope for the best.
Now for the Waterfall Shot a Tripd are Monopod is preferable are make sure you hold your breath as if driving on a certain section after leaving the Toll in the City of Sunshine in order to get to the Town of those Europeans wow I wonder what's in that Water.
Well lets get back on course,as I was saying before being rudely interrupted by Bungy how FYI that's my alter-ego.
For this shot so as to get that Water lookig as creamy as it is you'll need a relatively low ISO setting for best quality maybe about 250 are 400 max hopefully your using a Wide lens anywhere from 28 mm down to whatever, using aperature priority say f8 the camera will choose the shutter speed which more than likely will be relatively slow now this is when you'll need to hold that Camera without shaking,you can even if your lucky find a rail are something else to lean on and Hold that breath.
So there a few of the secrets of us Photographers check out my next post hopefully I'll have something that will be worth your time so long I'm signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment